Diagnosis comes with a number of things: shock, grief and about a million appointments! Consultations, blood tests, physiotherapy, nutritionists etc etc etc.
It’s difficult to keep track of where you’re meant to be & who you’re meant to be seeing so:
- Have a diary handy so that you can make a note of all your appointments & ideally burn it when all your treatment finishes!
- Work out who will be available to take you to the appointments in advance.
- Prepare any questions you want to ask before you go in.
- Keeping a food diary may help if you’re unsure of how many calories you’re getting.
- Try your best to attend every appointment – everyone is there to help you!
We threw out all the notebooks full of appointments, phone numbers and leaflets about a year after my treatment & it was so SO liberating!