Obviously, it’s difficult to always think positively – it’s exhausting just thinking sometimes!
But if your head becomes full of negativity, it makes it difficult to move past the experience that you’ve had. Being in hospital can be quite traumatic in itself so it’s really important that you keep your focus on only good things!
- While you’re in hospital, visualise a place you would like to visit & make it your mission to get there.
- Have a focus & stick to it.
- Always try to bring out the best in a situation (if possible)
- Be thankful for the little things that go right.
- Open your eyes and see, really see, everything around you.
- Rest when you’re tired, cry when you’re sad & scream when you’re angry – live every emotion to the fullest.
- And keep fighting…keep fighting for all that you’re worth.
‘You beat cancer by how you live, why you live & the manner in which you live. So live, live, fight like hell & when you get too tired to fight, then lay down, rest & let somebody else fight for you…’ – Stuart Scott